A detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for this consulting position is attached for your reference (this is also posted at the PCCO website at www.pcco.org.ph). Specific requirements for the position are as follows:
§ tertiary preferably with post graduate studies in social science or other relevant discipline
§ relevant training in gender and development, governance, private sector development and local economic development
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Demonstrated gender and development knowledge and experience as it relates to institutional strengthening, poverty reduction, private sector development, governance, environment and local economic development, specifically:
§ extensive knowledge and grasp of the changing context (opportunities, constraints, risks, impacts, results and indicators) for promoting gender equality in development work in the country
§ previous experience developing policy papers, program/institutional frameworks and strategies demonstrating the complementation of gender equality with various development sectors and themes
§ solid experience in capacity building focusing on identifying needs, developing appropriate strategies and materials to facilitate transfer of technology (knowledge and skills) and developing and applying participatory approaches in the conduct of technical assistance, networking and monitoring and research
§ extensive experience in program/project level planning, designing, implementation, monitoring, assessment and management
§ substantial experience with international donors, NGOs and government agencies; also experience working as a member of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
§ previous work experience or familiarity with the CIDA development program, and its results-based management framework
§ proven strong and effective networking and advocacy experience in promoting gender equality with organizations (NGOs/Government -- local and national)
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ABILITIES
§ demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and relationship building skills with partners and other stakeholders with various cultures and discipline
§ demonstrate multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize and deliver outputs as required
§ ability to work independently in remote locations under adverse conditions
§ computer operating skills at a level sufficient to undertake the tasks
This consulting work will be on a part-time, contractual arrangement with PCCO thru its implementing agency, Coffey Philippines, Inc. The level of effort (number of work days) will range from 8-10 days per month for one year. The professional fee is subject to negotiation, and up to a maximum of Php15,000 per day.
Those who are qualified and interested to apply for this consulting position must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). The EOI must be limited to 2 pages only and must contain the following information:
a. Complete name and current contact information (email address, telephone and cellphone numbers)
b. related formal education and special training
c. related knowledge and experience
d. specific skills and know-how that will be useful in this consulting job
e. preferred consulting fee per day excluding reimbursable expenses such as local travel during field visits (N.B. the per diem rate/financial part comprises 20% of the assessment with the technical qualifications accounting for the remaining 80%).
Please send your EOI via email on or before 5pm Thursday, 31 July 2008, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: EOI - GEA
Only EOIs sent via email will be accepted (we will not accept faxed or hand-carried applications). A shortlist of successful candidates will be selected within 1-2 weeks. Only the successful candidates will be acknowledged.
For those already registered with the PCCO CV database, you do not need to submit your current detailed CV (just update online thru your personal account, if you need to). For those who have not yet registered with us, please do so online by accessing our website (www.pcco.org.ph) and submit a copy of your current CV to our registry.
We thank you in advance for your interest. We look forward to receiving your EOI on or before the specified deadline.
Philippines-Canada Cooperation Office (PCCO)
The Program Support Unit of CIDA in the Philippines
> > > http://www.tubagbohol.com generates thousands of posts every day...