Sunday, April 1, 2007

Looking For Filipino Food

There are a number of places in that area. Slightly south in San Bruno and Millbrae are many more. On San Mateo Avenue in San Bruno are Kuya's and Ihaw Ihaw, both of which I have been to and enjoyed. Nearby on Camino Real are Patio Filipino and Tribu Grill which have received good-to-mixed reports here. There is a Max's of the Philippines in South San Francisco.

To the northewest in Daly City there are others, including a Ling Nam, a Papanga Restaurant or Cuisine, a Jollibee's, and some kind of barbeque place whose name I don't remember. Also, there is a place called Maharlikka which I have been to twice and which has pretty authentic bar food, including sisig and goat kalderata. It supposedly looks very much like such a place in the PI, too. I am not Filipino, though, so can't independently assess, but I thought Maharlikka, Kuya's and Ihaw Ihaw were all decent to good. My gf (Filipina) thought they were ok. link here


No comments: