Amid continued chaos across Egypt, the Dept. of Foreign Affairs will not issue a travel ban to the Arab state but warned Filipinos there to take caution.
Foreign Affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez Wednesday said there is no need to impose such measure at the moment as the demonstrations and violence are contained in particular areas of Egypt.
"For now, we are monitoring the situation in Egypt. There's a need to see how it will play out in the coming days," Hernandez told a press briefing.
There are at least 6,000 Filipinos living and working in Egypt and Hernandez said the Philippine embassy is coordinating closely with them.
"We have a standing advisory to the Filipino community there to be vigilant," Hernandez said, adding the embassy has an existing contingency plan should the situation in Egypt deteriorate.
Anti-government protesters outraged by the slow-paced reforms in the country clashed with supporters of President Mohamed Morsy's supporters and police since last week.